- Car park: there is spacious free car park for cars, motorbikes and bicycles
- Public transport:
- Cafeteria: open on open house days, serves cold and hot drinks, soup, sandwiches and cakes.
- Clothing: the underground barracks are heated. The temperature in the corridors and the barracks is always 11°C. We recommend wearing a jumper or a coat.
- Languages: the tours and visit can be given in Dutch, French, German or English.
- Accessibility: the underground barracks and museum are wheelchair accessible. There is a lift to the corridors on the middle floor. Part of the corridors are wheelchair accessible. Please bear in mind that there are (steep) inclines. The bunkers and special tours are not wheelchair accessible.
- Dogs: allowed, if kept on a leash and if they do not disturb the other visitors.
- Payment at the cash-desk: in cash, Euro debit cards or Mastercard and Visa credit cards. Unless otherwise agreed beforehand.
- You may take photos or videos, for private use only, insofar as this does not disturb the other visitors and you respect their privacy. You must request permission for recordings or photos for professional purposes well in advance firstname.lastname@example.org
- All the tours are guided tours.
- All our guides have received professional training and passed several tests. They are certified guides.
- All our guides are volunteers. They give these tours on a voluntary basis. Every year, thousands of visitors can explore the fort and experience its history thanks to their motivation and efforts.
- The guide is included in your admission. Naturally you may give your guide a tip if you are satisfied with your visit.
Mr. Alain Pelzer – President
Mr Daniel Lenaers – Vice-President, Engineering, Treasurer till 31/12/2021
Mr. Marcel Verhasselt – Vice-President, Marketing and communication
Mr. Marc Saenen – Treasurer as of 1/1/2022
Mr Bart Geraerts – secretary, IT
Mr Rudi Balens
Mr Guy Bastiaens – Telephony
Mr Yves Haepers – Spokesperson of the guides
Mr. François Huyts – Security
Mr. Johan Mercken
Mr François Raskin – Member administration and catering
Mr. Prof. Joost Vaesen, Phd. – Historian
Representative of Defence
Lieutenant-Colonel Guy Beckers – Honorary President, Military Commander of the Province of Liège
Mr Tom Hendrikx – General coordinator and Curator
Phone: +32 (0)4 286 28 61
Account number: IBAN BE80 8601 0494 4177 – BIC CODE: NICABEBB
Enterprise number: 0433.501.512
The association A.S.B.L. Fort d’Eben-Emael was founded in 1986 with the purpose of studying, preserving, restoring, protecting, managing and operating the tourist infrastructure of Fort Eben-Emael and the site, as well as continuing to organise remembrance activities here in honour of the former combatants of the fort’s garrison.
Since 2017, the A.S.B.L. is part of the Heritage Council of the War Heritage Institute.
By joining the not-for-profit organisation ASBL Fort d’Eben-Emael, you make a financial contribution to the proper functioning, maintenance, restoration and conservation of the fort.
The minimum annual membership contribution is €12.
Every year, we organise two or three working days in and around the fort. By voluntarily attending these working days, you put your membership into practice and help maintain the fort. Every working day ends with a specific visit or a presentation about the fort or World War II in general.