Fort Eben-Emael reopens on Tuesday 23 June
A visit is currently only possible after booking a time slot
Departure hours per time slot every 15 minutes, between 9:30 am and 2 pm, from Tuesday to Sunday. It is not necessary to make a reservation for accompanied children under 12 years old.
Respect the departure time of your slot. Unfilled places will be redistributed.
A maximum of 12 people per time slot is accepted, accompanied children under 12 years old not included.
Wearing a face mask is mandatory for the entire duration of your visit.
Follow the outlined one-way circuit. There is no return possible.
The circuit lasts approximately 90 minutes, historical introduction included. The outlined circuit may be adjusted or limited if necessary.
Due to the given circumstances, the different levels and the exit of the fortress are accessible only by stairs. The elevator cannot be used. It is hence not possible to visit with wheelchairs nor prams.
The exit is via defence block 2, located 200m from the entrance and the parking.
There are no guided tours, but our staff members are present on the route.
For your safety, that of our visitors and our employees, we ask you to respect the following precautions:For your safety, that of our visitors and our employees, we ask you to respect the following precautions:
- do not enter the fortress if you are ill, positive for the COVID-19 virus, contagious, in quarantine, or if you have the virus characteristics;
- as soon as you enter the fortress, wearing a face mask is mandatory for the entire duration of your visit. At the start of your visit you can obtain a face mask for a free contribution;
- when entering, please disinfect your hands with disinfectant hand gel, which will be available at the entrance;
- inside the fortress the rules of social-distancing should be applied. Keep an adequate distance of 1.5m at all times;
- follow the indicated route and respect the indications on the floor;
- at the entrance of each room, the number of people allowed will be indicated;
- do not touch the objects and panels on display;
- electronic payment is strongly recommended.
The only public sanitary facilities are located nearby the entrance. They will be cleaned on a regular basis.
Follow the guidelines provided by our staff and contact them when in doubt or when you have any questions. Our staff members can impose further restrictive measures if necessary.
Books and souvenirs can be purchased at the ticket desk.
The cafeteria is closed and the vending machine has been put out of order.