Individual visits by time slot every 15 minutes. Online reservations recommended. If you do not make a reservation, the visit cannot be guaranteed.
No reservation is required for children under 12 yo.
Would you like to visit as a group?
Would you like a private guided visit by appointment?
Would you like a school visit?
There is a fixed starting rate for these guided tours.
Practical tips for an individual visit
The time slots available:
- in September: from Tuesday to Sunday, between 9.30 a.m. and 2 p.m. (Saturday and Sunday 2.15 p.m.)
- in October: Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- in November: Saturday and Sunday and during the Belgian autumn holidays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- in December: during the Christmas holidays from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Respect the departure time of your slot. In case of late arrival, we cannot guarantee access. Unfilled places will be redistributed.
Follow the outlined one-way circuit. You do the circuit at your own rhythm. The average time is 90 minutes.
Due to the given circumstances, the different levels and the exit of the fortress are accessible only by stairs. The elevator cannot be used. It is hence not possible to visit with wheelchairs nor prams. The exit is via defense block 2, located 200m from the entrance and the parking.
There are no guided tours, but our staff members are present on the route.
|Reduced rate (*)||6,- €|
|Children between 7 and 12 yo||4,- €|
|Children under 7 years of age||free entrance|
(*) Reduced rate for 65+, young people aged 12 to 18, students, teachers with a teacher’s card Class of Prof, wheelchair users, discount cards
Electronic payments (PINs) with debit card (euro countries) and Visa, Mastercard.
COVID-19 Precautionary measures
For the health and safety of our visitors and staff members, we ask you to take a number of precautionary measures into account during your visit.
- Do not enter the fortress if you are ill, positive for the COVID-19 virus, contagious, in quarantine, or if you have the virus characteristics.
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory for the entire duration of your visit.
- When entering, please disinfect your hands with disinfectant hand gel, which is available at the entrance.
- Follow the indicated route and respect the indications.
- The rules of social–distancing should be applied. Keep an adequate distance of 1.5m at all times.
- At the entrance of each room, the number of people allowed will be indicated.
- Do not touch the objects and panels on display.
- Electronic payment is strongly recommended.
- Follow the guidelines provided by our staff and contact them when in doubt or when you have any questions.
The sanitary facilities are cleaned on a regular basis.
The cafeteria is closed and the vending machine has been put out of order.